Thursday, April 28, 2011

Final 6 Love Lost

I'm sorry for not posting my thoughts last night kiddies, but I'm going to be straight up with you-- I'm going through a bad breakup.

It's rough, it's brutal-- but me and American Idol Season 10, we're through.

And no, it has nothing to do with Casey's ouster (he should never have gotten the save in the first place, in my opinion)-- it's not even really about Pia's ouster (OK, maybe it is, a little). It's about the fact that last night, as I was watching, for the first time ever I had to force myself not to hit the fast forward button. All of the ticks and quirks about Idol that I usually find endearing became utterly unbearable (much like a real breakup, hmm?). And really, tonight's "let's not reveal the bottom 3 and make you think Scotty is in jeopardy" ploy was the straw that broke this camel's back.

Worst of all, as I sit down to write about the dreary show, I find that I have very little to say. Nothing moved me, good or bad, to comment. And that's a surefire sign that the love is gone, no?

It may be too early, but I do think I've found someone else. Sure, I have to wait to the live rounds until I announce we're going steady, but I have a serious crush on The Voice. And hey, if that doesn't work out, there's plenty of other X-Factors in the sea, aren't there?

Top 5 Most-Likely-To-Win Rankings:
1.) Scotty McCreery
2.) Lauren Alaina
3.) James Durbin
5.) Haley Reinhart (Bottom 3: Final 13, 12, 8, 7)
6.) Jacob Lusk (Bottom 3: Final 9, 7)
6.) Casey Abrams (Bottom 3: Final 11)
7.) Stefano Langone (Bottom 3: Final 11, 9, 8, 7)
8.) Paul McDonald (Bottom 3: Final 11.2, 8)
9.) Pia Toscano (Bottom 3: Final 9)
10.) Naima Adedapo (Bottom 3: Final 12, 11.2)
11.) Thia Megia (Bottom 3: Final 11, 11.2)
12.) Karen Rodriguez (Bottom 3: Final 13, 12)
13.) Ashton Jones (Bottom 3: Final 13)

I will report back when a performance actually moves me to something other than indifference-- and trust me when I say, I think there's a Z Voice blog coming your way sometime soon...

Waiting Patiently,
Z

No comments:

Post a Comment